The Full Final has been Released.

As the full release is based on the Mini please read the release notes for the Mini for more info: http://pinguyos.com/2014/04/pinguy-os-14-04-mini-final/

For a list of added apps read: http://pinguyos.com/2014/05/the-release-candidates-are-now-available/

Known Bugs/FAQ:

Selecting auto login in the installer does not work.
I had to disable it so the live session would auto login. You can enable it once Pinguy OS is installed by opening gdm3setup/Login screen settings and editing the options.

Apturl is broken. This is an issue with Ubuntu. I tested Apturl in Ubuntu and it’s also broken there. I installed older versions of apturl and apturl-common and it worked fine.

The Distro ships with Gnome 3.10 but is upgradable to 3.12 and will keep the same look as 3.10. To make the Distro work with Gnome 3.12 I had to add Restore-Extensions to startups. This forces the Extensions to start. If you want to add extra Extensions and have them start you will need to remove Restore-Extensions from startup or un-tick it.

If you use symbols in your password make sure you pick the
correct Keyboard.

In Firefox some of the Add-ons are disabled. Just run Add-on update to enable them. Also when you first open Firefox it will download Silverlight so wait for it to download and install before using the browser.

Download

8 Responses to “The Full Final has been Released.”

1. Daniel B. F. 12/05/2014 at 5:24 AM #

How is using Pinguy OS 14.04 Mini RC have to download final version or just need to do the apt-get update/upgrade?

2. raghavendra rao 12/05/2014 at 7:15 PM #

Been using Pinguy since 10.10 version. It’s been amazing since then. Visually it’s the best looking OS till date. Amazing work. Just want to say many thanks to you :)

3. Mauricio Andres Najera Osorio 13/05/2014 at 1:22 AM #

i have installed from this file Pinguy_OS_14.04.LTS-RC-x86-64… i’m ok with update/upgrade?

4. Kaf Shiel 13/05/2014 at 11:26 AM #

Unfortunately it won’t boot the desktop correctly in my dual monitor system. I only get the mouse pointer, which I can move on both monitors but there’s no panels or docks, nothing at all, just the wallpaper. I could disconnect one monitor to see if it would then boot correctly but why should I do that? Other Linux distros boot Live USB’s to the desktop on dual monitor systems without any problems. The only other distro that fails to do that like Pinguy OS is Zorin OS. And I could also install Pinguy in my test partition on the HDD to see if then it would boot to the desktop correctly but I don’t install anything without testing the Live session first. And by the way I checked the MD5 of the ISO so this is not my fault. Maybe some day you will fix this and I can try Pinguy. Thanks.

5. cakezula 14/05/2014 at 5:32 AM #

will Gnome 3.12 come via update manager, or is that a manual install?

6. Bluegrapes 20/05/2014 at 1:20 AM #

It doesn’t have UEFI support :(
    I downloaded the x64 version of the Full Final and Mini Final iso and none of them have a EFI folder that would allow me to boot my flash drive and install it in UEFI mode.

Why? Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, and Linux Mint has UEFI mode now.

• Arshad Khan 10/06/2014 at 1:42 PM #

Just wanted to let you know that I somehow got it working with UEFI. I had an existing